Island Numeracy Assessment
The new math Island Numeracy Assessment that has been developed by the Island Numeracy Network is different from the previously used DMA. It is no longer a diagnostic assessment, which means it is not necessary to do the whole assessment at the beginning of the year. This also means that there will be no numerical score from the assessment. The INA (Island Numeracy Assessment) is intended to be formative and when it is marked, teachers are looking for trends and patterns in understanding of larger mathematical concepts in their students. The INA is composed of components of numeracy that can be assessed separately. It is fully aligned with the new curriculum as well as formatted to align with the FSA and the Graduation Numeracy assessment. On the website you will find the protocol that has more information and suggestions for how to use the assessment.
You are encouraged to use the assessment flexibly to meet the needs of your own teaching practice and your students. For more support with the Island Numeracy Assessment please contact Amanda Kiatipis, Instruction and Assessment Coordinator via email: email@example.com.
Grade 4 Diagnostic Math Assessment
The Island Numeracy Network has created a new assessment called the Island Numeracy Assessment. The Diagnostic Math Assessment (DMA) is no longer aligned with current numeracy practices and the new BC Curriculum.
The “old DMA” will still be available for the 2018/19 school year as we transition into the use of the Island Numeracy Assessment and other assessments. It will be removed for the 2019/20 school year.
Grade 4 NLPS Reading Assessment
- Grade 4-7 Planning for Instruction
- NLPS Assessing Reading Behaviours Tool
- NLPS Assessing Reading Behaviours additional docs
- Student Response Form
- Passage - Bugs
- Reading Record - Bugs
- Reading Assessment Rubric
- English 4-7 Recording Sheets
- How To: 4-7 Administering Guidelines
- How To: 4-7 Overview
- How To: 4-7 Teacher Instructions
- How To: 4-7 Teacher Protocol (General)
- How To: 4-7 Teacher Protocol (Scripted)
- How To: 4-7 Teacher Protocol (Reading Record)
Grade 4 Writing Assessment
- NLPS School Wide Write
- NLPS School Wide Write examples
- English Performance Standards: Intro
- English Performance Standards
- Worksheets for The BC Performance Standards
- Writing Worksheets
- Additional Tasks and Student Samples
- French Immersion: Introduction
- French Immersion: 2 à la 10 année (années paires)
- Francophone 1 à 7