Jen Serravallo collectings 300 of the most effective strategies to share with writers, and grouping them beneath 10 crucial goals.
“You can think of the goals as the what
, and the strategies as the how
.” From composing with pictures all the way to conventions and beyond. With Jen’s help you’ll:
- develop individual goals for every writer
- give students step-by-step strategies for writing with skill and craft
- coach writers using prompts aligned to a strategy
- present mentor texts that support a genre and strategy
- adjust instruction to meet individual needs with Jen’s Teaching Tips
- demonstrate and explain a writing move with her Lesson Language
- learn more with Hat Tips to the work of influential teacher–authors.
She even offers suggestions for stocking your writing center, planning units of study, celebrating student writing, and keeping records.
Whether you use Writing Workshop, 6+1 Traits, Daily 5’s “Work on Writing,” a scripted writing program, the writing exercises in your basal, or any other approach, you’ll discover a treasure chest of ways to work with whole classes, small groups, or individual writers.
This books is also available in French.