Here are some helpful resources that can be included in your classrooms and school assemblies to honour our Indigenous Veterans.
- PowerPoint presentation that can be used in Remembrance Day gatherings.
- Word document is a speech that can be read by a student, administrator, or any staff member.
- The speech and slide show should both be started at the same time and is about 3 minutes in length. The slides are set to advance automatically. Please feel free to share this with whoever you think might use it.
Indigenous Resource Collection: (available to loan via Destiny)
- Remembrances : Metis veterans : interviews with Metis veterans. [ Book ] FN0524, Published 1997
- Aboriginal war veterans. Secondary [ Kit ] FN1661, Published 2010
- Aboriginal war veterans. Elementary. [ Book ] FN1662, Published 2010
- When the Spirits Dance [Book] FN 1524, Published 2006
- Pegahmagabow: Life-Long Warrior [Book] FN , Published 2003
- Recommended Novel: Code Talker: The First and Only Memoir By One of the Original Navajo Code Talkers of WWII Paperback – Aug 7 2012 by Chester Nez (Author), Judith Schiess Avila (Author) – good for staff/older students who would like to learn more about the code talkers.